Sunday, January 07, 2007

New zombie anthology

Anthology; 1-time print, Permuted Press.

While working on other projects, both zombie related and non-zombie, I am pleased to announce that I am seeking submissions for a zombie anthology, tentatively entitled History Is Dead. The premise for this collection: We love seeing or reading about zombies taking headshots from the absolute latest in police and military weaponry. We love seeing people fight and survive in familiar settings – the mall, the high school, Pittsburgh, Yonkers, downtown Manhattan. But, it’s kind of been overdone. Most all zombie fiction and movies are set in the modern world, and most of those in the U.S.A. So what I’m proposing is a collection of zombie short stories, set in some other historical period, especially if they’re also set in another geographical locale.

What I’m looking for: zombie stories set sometime pre-20th century. Use your imagination. Biblical, Roman, Medieval, or the Old West all come to mind, as well as non-Western settings like samurai fighting zombies, or hordes of zombies crashing into the Great Wall. Crossovers with other monsters usually don’t thrill me, though I’ll try to keep an open mind. Though I am partial to “Romero” zombies (i.e. slow and caused by plague), I am open to other speeds and other causes of the monstrosity.

What else: Character-driven stories. I can’t say this enough. If the seed of your idea is how cool it would be to kill zombies with halberds or catapults, or pour boiling oil on them and then set it alight – well, that’s a fine place to begin. But, if that’s all you got, I think I’ll pass. I have to care about the people in the story; mega bonus points if I even care about the zombies as well.

Word count: Approximately 3-8k. No flash, nothing over 10k.

Reprints considered: Yes

RT: As quick as I can, for rejections. If I like it and keep it in the running, you’ll probably have to wait all the way till the deadline to know for sure.

Payment: $25 + contributor's copy.

Submissions: By email attachment to
kimpaffenroth@msn.com. Please make sure your manuscript is in MSW (.doc), 12 pt. Times Roman, double spaced, 1” margins all around. Put “zombie submission” in your subject line.

Deadline: May 25, 2007

Link:
http://gotld.blogspot.com
Email: kimpaffenroth@msn.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead