Sunday, May 13, 2007

Live Free or Die Hard

As I think any American man my age would tell you, it'd take an awful lot to get me NOT to see this movie and to NOT like it. John Mclean? Takes out dozens of bad guys with a revolver. Walks on broken glass. Bare knuckle fights with terrorists who look like pro wrestlers. Throws people out windows, into jet intakes, or into high voltage wires. I can buy all that. Gladly. But I dunno, go ahead and jump in, but is the trailer just a bit over the top? It looks too much like True Lies, with the bad guys armed way too much like James Bond villains or Cobra from GI Joe. Oh, and of course, I should add: after DH3, do we really have enough faith in us to go back for more? I guess Rocky VI was better than V is the way I should be looking at it.

2 Comments:

Blogger PermutedPress said...

I can't wait to see this movie. But, let's face it, if it isn't an embarrassment to the rest of the franchise it will be a miracle. When Bruce Willis is going around saying it's better than Die Hard 1--which he is--that's the kiss of death.

But I'll still see it and I still hope it will be awesome. :)

2:10 AM  
Blogger KPaffenroth said...

I never asked your age, Jacob, but I assumed you were about the same as me, so that settles it. We can't help it. We have to see this. And they knew it when they made it.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead