Friday, June 15, 2007

Hot Dog Buns!!!!

A couple years ago I had this intense recollection that HoJos used to serve their hot dogs on rolls that did NOT look like regular hot dog buns, but like a piece of toast folded in half, with crusts at the edges of the opening at the top. My dad (since deceased) swore I was crazy, that there was no such thing. So did my friend Bill, who remembers a lot of stuff, but grew up in that slightly culturally and culinarily deprived province, northern New Mexico. But then today I was in a tiny market here (not a regular chain market) - AND THERE THEY ARE! They go by the name "New England Hot Dog Buns"!!!

More proof - http://www.portuguesefood.com/acatalog/copy_of_JJ_Nissen_Frankfurt.html

I was so happy!!! I was right all along!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead