Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award

Not me, but a former student has made it to the semifinals. She sent me this and I pass it on to you, in case you'd help her out. She's swell and I always thought she'd make a great writer one day.

"I got some great news--my novel "Mile HIgh" is now a "Top 100Semifinalist" for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award! (Just rolls offthe tongue, doesn't it?) That means there are 100 left out of the original 5000 entrants.

"Thanks so much to all of you who posted reviews on my chapter (and those of you who attempted to but were foiled by computer glitches)! I couldn't have made it this far without you, and I am touched that you took the time out of your busy days to do this. I was so impressed by your literary efforts! I am lucky to have such smart friends.

"If you haven't yet done a review, I'm still need to drum some up, now through March 2, so I'd be much obliged if you'd check it out (and pass this info on to anyone who might be game):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00126586C

"Editors at Penguin are reading the 100 manuscripts to pick 10 to compete in a customer vote. So send all your thought-influencing positive vibes toward Penguin headquarters in New York!

"Thank you all so much!

"Yours in eternal gratitude, Jenny"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead