Thursday, December 04, 2008

Olga the Red - Favorite Food?

She's as tough to get past as the Iron Curtain, and she hits as hard as a hammer (and sickle)!

http://www.gemcityrollergirls.com/league/3.asp

Well, judging by her name, I'd have to guess borscht, but I don't know for sure. Doug? Kyle? Confirm? Deny?

Well, I made a batch with left over beets. It's pretty good. But I have to wonder about the physics behind it. How can it be that when I cook and puree the following:

beets (dark purple)
carrots (orange)
cabbage and onions (light green)
broth (golden)
Worcestershire sauce (black)

That I come up with a mixture that is the color of cherry pie filling? I mean BRIGHT RED. Weird.

3 Comments:

Blogger Douglas F. Warrick said...

My wife will be thrilled to know that she has made it to your blog, Kim.

(The following was dictated to Doug by Rosemary "Olga the Red" Warrick):

Dr. Paffenroth: I like borscht just fine! Thanks! Although my preference remains with Kolachi.

Grr,
Olga.

1:08 PM  
Blogger KPaffenroth said...

The girl growls, skates, and can live on cabbage! She's a keeper!

You two kids behave and I'll see you in the new year!

7:49 PM  
Blogger John Goodrich said...

An inexplicable cherry red color?

Have you counted your fingers lately?

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead