Friday, October 30, 2009

This Book Continues to be Great!

I got a few more pages into The Logic of the Heart, and he's really spelling out what I tried to do with my earlier nonfiction (like In Praise of Wisdom or The Heart Set Free), or what I now try to do with my fiction writing. Here's another great sentence (among many):

"Through metaphor, the poetic utterance has the power to evoke in us a feeling recognition of the wrongfulness of betraying one's parents. [He's using the example of King Lear.] Such a feeling recognition fuses heart and intellect in such a way that to divorce the component of cognitive judgment from our affections would be to distort the essential character of that very recognition." (p. 26)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead