Sunday, November 08, 2009

Tweaked the Penultimate Chapter

Nice thing about writing the last chapters before others - they'll be nice and polished and tweaked by the time the whole thing's finished!! And what a paragraph I came up with here!

"Yes, this was where he belonged now. He closed his eyes, overcome by the idea that if the mass of dead were always increasing, and if the only thing that survived death were desire, then the total amount of desire in the universe would always continue to grow, whether to infinity or to some unknown upper limit the mind could never reach. He would make that another object of contemplation. It was a calculus both terrifying and thrilling to him, and one he felt sure would sustain forever those it did not crush with its threat and promise."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never written the ending first, although that is something that I've been considering. I can see the ending of a certain story so clearly, but I'm currently lost in the fuzzy desert wasteland called The Middle. Perhaps I should shore up the ending and see where it leads me.

-Mercedes

3:05 PM  
Blogger KPaffenroth said...

I highly recommend it. I've known all along that one character is going to die, and die as a Christ figure,and I still haven't wrtitten the death scene, but puting down the other characters' reactions to it has helped me conceive of what I want to accomplish with the scene, and also what I need to put in for the ramp up to martyrdom.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead