Monday, February 08, 2010

The Stoker Awards

No, nothing of mine is on the preliminary ballot - and I doubt very much anything of mine will be for some time - nonfiction is my specialty by trade, so it made sense when I swept in with GOTLD. My fiction will take honing in the years to come.

But I wanted to say, that most everyone behaved very decorously to me. I think I got 5 or 6 offers of PDFs (declined) and I got 3 or 4 thank-yous from people I did vote for after they made the preliminary ballot. Compared to a couple years ago, when I was bombarded with dozens of requests, and I don't remember any thank-yous, I think it was a good year. But what the future of the award or the HWA is - no, not in my crystal ball.

But I look at the little statue every day. It could be the WWE Intercontinental Belt and I wouldn't enjoy looking at it as much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead