Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Back from Mo*Con



And feeling a bit melancholy, apparently.


The really tall young man to your right, next to the scrawny little hair ball you may know as your professor, or as a zombie author, or however you know me - he was the most generous, kind, gentle person I've ever known. He died shortly after we graduated from high school. That he deserved to live more than I do, that he would've been a better son, father, citizen, and Christian - all that seems, to me, beyond dispute. I can only try to take that fact as a challenge to me to be better in everything I do, rather than an inducement to despair. But I struggle with that weighty, bitter observation every day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead