Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Kim's New Glass!




A great new contest! (And an unusual one, too!)


As you may have read here, I was very excited about my new SHREK glass from McDonald's. I hadn't had a special glass to drink from since I was enrolled at Seneca Ridge Middle School, so you can imagine how thrilled I was with a glass that was mine alone, sported such fine artwork, and was such a conversation piece (mostly derisive, but still) with my two smarmy teenagers at home. But alas, with cadmium now poisoning my decrepit, middle aged body, I must find other beverage container options.

That's where you all come in! I was going to just wait until the next McD's or BK's promo campaign, but where's the fun in that? (Plus, if it's BK, I might actually have to eat something from there, and their food is MUCH worse than cadmium.)

So, here's how YOU can help!

1) Post to my blog, here, a comment in which you describe the glass YOU would provide for Kim, and (most importantly) WHY it'd be an appropriate drinking glass for Kim. It must be a real glass that you actually possess and would be willing to send, and not some mythic piece like the Grail. It needn't be new, it can be used, but it must be usable (not chipped or poisonous). It must be glass and not plastic, metal, or some other substance. It must not include obscene images (no Hustler or Hooters, please). It must be of juice or highball size, or larger (I have TONS of shot glasses already, thanks), but not some "gag" size SuperGulp thing (let's say 6-16 oz.). I want to drink my cranberry juice out of it in the morning, and my iced tea in the evening.

2) When (or if, if no one's up for the idea) I have ten comments that fit the criteria, I'll pick my favorite. If the person then sends the glass, and it arrives safely (so you're gonna have to pack and pad it well), and if it's as described, I'll send you TWO books:

VALLEY OF THE DEAD (TPB)
and
THIN THEM OUT (co-authored with Julia and RJ Sevin, and with very few copies remaining)

Both can be signed or inscribed as per your instructions.

There! Fun?! Go to it! Otherwise, I'll be waiting till they remake STREETS OF FIRE and hoping White Castle or Carl's Jr. has a souvenir glass for it!

8 Comments:

Blogger The Nozzle Meister said...

I don't know that this exists, but I would like to have a glass in the shape of the letter I. You may then refer to it as the I glass, or... even better.. the glass I.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Jeffery Nicholas said...

What a cool contest. Unfortunately, we have few glass glasses, and lots of plastic ones. A defensive mechanism against kids which we've not yet abandoned, though we should. Good luck :-)

12:08 PM  
Blogger SheReads said...

Because I love you darling, I would be willing to part with one of my early 1970's era ARCHIE'S juice glass. I believe it came from a Welch's Grape Jelly jar back in the day. (We are around the same age, I think you might remember these!) I REFUSE to part with any of my LOONY TOONS glasses from...what was it? 1976-ish??? Sorry, but there you go!

HUGS!

3:40 PM  
Blogger KPaffenroth said...

Ah, a fine first entry from the Lovely Lady from New Jersey! (But I must caution you - I got lots of those Welch's glasses, tho none going as far back as Archie, so you've got a shot at the gold.) And, of course, it's kind of unfair - you could get a book just by asking.

3:41 PM  
Blogger SheReads said...

Ah, I looked at it just now and it is "Betty and Veronica give a party". On the bottom of the glass is embossed an image of BETTY!!! We all know she is the better choice of the two girls, even though Archie just recently proposed to Veronica last year...

BTW, it is circa 1973!

3:43 PM  
Blogger SheReads said...

Awwww, now I'm blushing!

3:45 PM  
Blogger SheReads said...

UGH!

I just realized that I was 13 (!!!!!) at the time that my grandmother saved this glass for me. I really should avoid doing teh maths.

7:29 AM  
Blogger arizona carpet cleaners said...

How about a Star Wars glass. I used to collect what I could but stopped many years ago. Still have the stuff though.






arizona glass

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead