Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mortal Kombat

No, not the video game. (I never played, really, though I'd watch kids at Notre Dame sometimes, with the big finishing or friendship moves - the latter sometimes cracked me up, like the first time I saw the paper dollies one, for example.) The kind where you're shooting emails and in long phone conversations with someone in middle management in Topeka who's trying to get you to go away at the lowest possible transaction cost to him/herself in terms of time, and least cost to the company in terms of cash.

I have a mixed record so far. After a nightmarish stay at Motel 6 (where stays don't get too much better than "not uncomfortable"), I filled out their online complaint form. No phone call or response from them, no acknowledgement even. Then three weeks later, a voucher in the mail came for one free night at ANY Motel 6. Good job guys!

Two years ago, I was in endless phone conversations with Marriott after their awful catering at the 2009 Stoker Awards. (I thought it was awful.) They were very polite and detailed, asked a lot of specific questions about what was wrong with the food, claimed they'd retrain the entire hotel staff. But no money for me in the deal. Not thrilled with that, but I guess if future guests are happy, I shouldn't be too upset.

Well, this time it's La Quinta's turn, after they kicked me to the curb on the second evening of a two-night stay, claiming my reservation was for one night only. When I proved that no, it was for two nights, it says right here on every piece of paper you've given me, then they had to pay for my hotel elsewhere, but it was a pretty big hassle, driving to the other hotel (with all my belongings in a trash bag) and then back in the morning for the conference. We'll see what they say!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeffery Nicholas said...

OMG! I can't believe they kicked you out. When I worked in a hotel, we had to call the police to do that, and I don't remember ever kicking anyone out. We would just put people in another hotel and pay for it, if we overbooked. That is totally uncalled for, and they owe you big time. Good luck!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Ichaerus said...

When were you in Topeka? How the heck did I miss this???

2:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that's totally wrong. WTF were they thinking?

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF were they thinking? How is that in any way excusable, even if you hadn't had proof?

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead