Sunday, February 26, 2012

Stoker Award



People are posting about this year's here, here, and here (for example). And here is a full list of past winners.


I won mine for nonfiction, which makes sense, since I've written way more nonfiction than fiction, so I've had way more practice at it. And practice makes you better at things. I did (and do) feel mine was validation of what I do by peers. And college professors aren't very good at giving validation, or at buying books, so I could've gone my whole life w/o my writing ever being recognized in a concrete, tangible, "Way to go!" sort of way. So I definitely appreciate it for that. Getting to present the award at the following year's ceremony was pretty nice, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead